Cinetrain: Russian Winter is the third edition of Cinetrain. It took place in January 2013 on the way from Moscow and back, through the Russian North and Siberia and took 21 participants from 14 countries through 15500km of Russian winter by train! Within a month and with average temperature around -15°C, they shot and edited 7 short documentaries shedding a new light at common stereotypes about Russia.
It’s safe to say that this edition of Cinetrain was the most extreme so far!
We visited 6 cities: Moscow, Murmansk, Saint-Petersburg, Kotlas, Tomsk and Khuzhir (Baikal Lake)
The participants made 7 movies covering the most common stereotypes about russia:
- Vodka –> The Green Serpent
- Women –> Love. Love. Love.
- The Russian bath –> Banya
- The Russian Soul –> Just the way it is & Sounds of the soul
- Bears –> Fairytale of the Three bears
- Winter and cold –> Zima
- The Lada cars –> Lada